The Love Cheer

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cultivating a heart of repentance is love!

Lately, I've been a little short-tempered, especially at my dad. This is really horrible, because it's has not only been been hurting our relationship, but it has been making me a really bad witness for Christ! I try to be good, but unfortunately, just like Paul says, "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing."

So what do I do? I cry out to God, because I know that only God can overcome sin as deeply rooted as this. I believe and trust that when I acknowledge my sin, and turn back towards Him, that He will give me the courage to do what is right. This courage and strength is not something that I have myself. What's most encouraging though, is that over and over again in the Bible, God shows us that having a repentant heart is what we need, not loud acts of worship or sacrifice. And so, I pray that God will help me to cultivate a heart of repentance, so that I can love others well!

No comments:

Post a Comment