The Love Cheer

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Loving old friends - part 3

A friend whom I haven't seen in awhile recently Facebooked me telling me he was in town, and wanted to see if I would like to meet up. I was quite surprised by his message, because when I was a young Christian, he was one of the giants of faith at my fellowship, so being the shy me, I never mustered up enough courage to really speak to him. Sadly though, I heard from friends that he had been struggling in his relationship with God in the last few years, and as I headed to dinner, I really didn't know how I should go about conversing with him. Should I pretend like things are same old? Or should I ask about how he's been doing? I couldn't not care for a friend's eternal well-being, but if I asked, I feel like I would be prying...

And of course, God is amazing! Because even without asking, this brother just poured everything out, and my heart broke as I heard his story of pain and hurt. But by God's grace, I was able to share my experiences with him, which weirdly, he seemed able to relate to. Even though this brother still has a rough journey ahead, but I trust that God will be there leading and guiding his every step. May God heal his heart, and remind him often of Jesus' amazing, unconditional love for us!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog, thank you so much for sharing! I look forward to your future entries!! Xx :) P.S. Always remember that God's timing is perfect & He does everything for a reason!

    ReplyDelete