The Love Cheer

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Showing tourists around HK is love!

I was in TST with a friend tonight, and it felt like I was in Shanghai, because there were sooo many 同胞 (fellow countrymen) here for Chinese National holidays. Although I sometimes get frustrated with some of the habits that they bring to the city (e.g. squatting, spitting, shouting, squeezing into your personal space etc.), I am thankful that they are here to support the Hong Kong economy, and ooo and ahhh at the beauty of this city. So, welcome, fellow citizens....

Tonight, I met 2 ladies who were visiting from 江苏 (Jiang Su). They were looking for a good local place to eat. Unfortunately, the place where we were standing had nothing around the area. Instead of just pointing them in the direction that they should go, my friend and I walked them to the MTR station and showed them on the map where the best local places could be found. We also taught them how to get home at night. I hope they have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment