The Love Cheer

Friday, October 1, 2010

Loving my mom - Part 3

Everyone has their pet peeves. Some people don't like others touching their feet, while others can't stand massages. I don't like ears. My own ears, I'm ok with, but I don't really like touching other people's ears, whether that is helping someone put on earrings, or cleaning them out.

Well, recently my mom got some water stuck in her ear, and it was really annoying her, so she asked if I could help. I really really really didn't want to. Giving her a massage, helping her clean her closet, or even giving her a pedicure, I'm ok with, but ugh... ears are a sensitive thing for me.

Needless to say, it took a lot of persuasion and prayer for me to give into helping her, after which I found out that it really wasn't too bad after all! Maybe God did have a purpose in mind when He created our ears ...

Loving others means stepping out of your comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment