The Love Cheer

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love requires going out of your way to do something for others!

Lately dad has been pretty tired, so I try to drive him around as much as I can. Plus, he's getting old, so he deserves a break! Originally, I had planned to meet with a friend for coffee after lunch, and my plan was to drive my dad to lunch, have lunch with him, and depart for my coffee date. However, it turns out that he was a lot more tired than I had expected him to be, so instead of slipping away after lunch, I drove him all the way home, and came all the way back out to meet up with my friend.

Although I was rushing to make the coffee date, and was inconvenienced, but I realized that it's exactly the inconvenience that makes the act of love, well, loving.

May we go the extra mile for those who need our help!

No comments:

Post a Comment