The Love Cheer

Monday, September 27, 2010

Loving my small group

So, from yesterday, I was still on a high by being able to help Tim and rejoin Fuse, and I was really looking forward to attending a class that he was going to start teaching today. However, the time of the class clashed with a meeting that my small group leader had called, in which he was going to announce that he was stepping down from leadership.

Oh man, that meant that not only was I not going to make the class, but I had to now struggle through the issues of a small group that might fall apart! As much as I loved my small group, honestly, I really struggled with having to miss the class for the meeting!

But I'm thankful that God used a dear sister to speak Truth to me, and convict me of my motives. The small group meeting turned out to be very encouraging! And God used that time to not only remind me, but many others in attendance to "not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Praise God for reminding me that when we lay down our own selfish motives, that is when we can hear Him speak with clarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment