The Love Cheer

Monday, September 6, 2010

Helping someone get plugged in is love!

When I walked into the sanctuary for service yesterday, I spotted an acquaintance sitting in the back of the room. Since I was attending service with a friend, I didn't get a chance to say hi, before my friend whisked us away to our seats.

After service, I was leaving with a few friends, when I ran into that acquaintance again on the street. I wondered for a few minutes whether I should say hi, since he didn't seem to recognize me (what nerve... :P), but I decided to go out on a limb and say hi anyway. He was a bit taken back (as would have I been, if someone just came up to me and introduced themselves), but he remembered who I was after my introduction (that's better.)

We had a good chat during our MTR ride, and it turns out that he had just moved to the city and was just trying to settle in. Settling down in a new place is always a struggle, so I tried to invite him to a few upcoming events, in hopes to introduce him to some other brothers and sisters. I prayed that God would surround him with great fellowship, and that he would encounter God in a mighty way during his time in HK.

Stepping out of our comfort zone, and helping someone get plugged in is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment