The Love Cheer

Monday, September 20, 2010

Loving God - Part 2

Lately, I've been feeling weak; not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. A small incident would send me reeling into the depths of a pit, where I would wrestle and struggle to get out without much success. And honestly, it's easy for me to keep wallowing in self-pity and despair.

But reading His Word today, I realized that loving God means following His commandments. (See the book of Deuteronomy.) It means remembering His promises to us, even when I don't feel like it. It means trusting and having faith that He is good, even when the circumstances around me don't seem like they'll get better. In Joshua 1:9, God commands us to "be strong and courageous." He commands us not to be terrified, because He is with us wherever we go. So if I love God, I need to follow Him in His commandments of being strong and standing firm.

And you know what? After a few hours of reminding myself of this truth, it doesn't seem so dark anymore. :) I pray that regardless of your situation or the circumstance, that you would remember His goodness too!

No comments:

Post a Comment