The Love Cheer

Monday, September 27, 2010

Loving Mr.汤水 + Fuse + Tim + God

Today was a pretty neat day. In the morning, I prayed for God to show me how He wanted me to show love to someone, and not only did He bless me with one interesting experience, but two!

As I was walking the streets of CWB, on my way to catch the tram, I spotted an old man in his 60's banging away with great rhythm (and speed) at this wooden xylophone. He didn't seem like the typical street artists, because a) he was playing a huge and rare instrument, and b) he was neatly dressed and seemed to really enjoy what he was playing.

The old me would have just dropped some cash in support of the artist's work, and run off. But I realized how much God has been changing my heart through this 365 day love challenge, because not only did I financially support the artist, but I ended up chatting with Mr.汤水 for almost half an hour! Even though I didn't get to share the gospel with him, however, he was greatly encouraged that someone cared enough to actually learn about what he was doing and about his passion for music. It turns out that Mr.汤水 is a music teacher, and he knows how to play 15+ instruments, many of which he taught himself how to play! Wow! May God "put a new song in [Mr.汤水's] mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD."

Then, at night, I went to Fuse, our Young Adult Ministry at Island ECC. I was really excited about this meeting, since it's been over a year that I was last able to attend. We had some fun ice-breakers, and Tim gave a great message that challenged us to think about what Truth is. After the meeting, as I was getting ready to leave with everyone else, I felt prompted to say bye to Tim and see if he needed help with anything. I thought he would say no, since it seemed like he had already cleaned everything up, and plus, I'm a little crazy and giddy around my pastors, because (hehe) I get star-struck by them, but Tim actually asked me to help carry some stuff back downstairs for him! And, I not only got to do that, but I also got to help do the dishes too!! :)

I know, you're probably thinking that I'm crazy, because I'm so excited that I got to do dishes. Well, yeah, I probably am, but I'm just so thankful for the body that makes up Island ECC, and I love our leaders! So, no matter how big or small the task is, I'm overcome with joy when I know that I can help. And I think this is how God wants us to love and serve Him too. When we adore Him, anything that He calls us to do, and anywhere that He calls us to be, should bring us an overwhelming sense of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment