The Love Cheer

Monday, September 6, 2010

Loving Mike-y

Mike-y is like the younger brother that I always wished I had; he's fun, kind, and hilarious! I met Mike-y when he was just starting out as a freshmen in college. I had graduated then, but was still helping out in college ministry, and one of my good friends asked if I could help watch out for Mike-y, and plug him into our fellowship.

The first time I met Mike-y was when I drove over to pick him up for church early one Sunday morning. Even though it was the first time we met, being the friendly person that he is, he came up to my car, and said, "I saw this kid at the student center on the way over here, and he looks like he's waiting for something, can we go ask him if he wants to go to church with us?" I was a bit surprised, but this kid's enthusiasm really inspired me, so sure, why not... It turns out that this guy was actually there waiting for someone to turn up to give him a ride to church! We were his answered prayer!

Well, fast forward a few years, it turns out that because of Mike-y's invitation to this guy, they became fast friends, and throughout their years in college, they encouraged and inspired each other in their walks with the Lord, like Nathan did to David.

Mike-y is graduated now, and it came as no surprise to me when I found out that instead of settling with the status quo, he is taking 2 years off to go to Japan to share his love and hope from the Lord to those there. What faith! What love! Of course I had to support and encourage my bro! May God be with Mike-y as he heads off for another year to Japan, and may God grant him more opportunities in which he can draw others to Christ, just as he had done with his friend in college...

"The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

No comments:

Post a Comment