The Love Cheer

Friday, September 10, 2010

Being real - Part 2

Lately, God has been using many different ways to show me the realities of life. That's not to say that I have been living with my head in the clouds for the past 20+ years, but that hearing about pain and suffering is very different from truly understanding it with your heart. Knowing about these painful events in our heads is just being able to recite the facts, but only by knowing with our heart can we then be prompted for action.

Recently, I've been staying at home to spend time with my mom, and we've started watching a really good TV series called 蜗居, Dwelling Narrowness. It's such a realistic depiction of the struggles of life for the Chinese people living in the big cities, that it's been banned from airing in China.

For the past 6+ years, God has placed the Chinese on my heart, and I've been praying for them and seeking God's purpose for making me a Chinese American. But honestly, it wasn't until I watched this TV series that I felt my heart break for them. Yes, China's economy has been growing at rapid speeds for the past 10 or so years, but it doesn't come without dire social consequences. Surely there must be more to life than just the rat race!

Although I'm still unsure as to what exactly God wants me to do, but at the very minimum I have become more compelled to share the Good News with more of those around me, especially with my coworkers. May they come to know that only through freedom in Christ can they break their bondage of sin and of the chains of this fallen world!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

No comments:

Post a Comment