The Love Cheer

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Being real

Lately, a lot of things have been going on at home and in my personal life, so much so, that I feel like I'm living in some type of Korean soap opera. Honestly, for me, I feel that it's easier to just keep quiet and get through it, than to share these personal and painful experiences with others.

It's not that I don't want to admit that I'm struggling with all these problems (well, maybe it partially is, because who wants to be known for being in a mess?), but it's also because I don't want other people to pity me or feel sorry for me. Now I'm not trying to be tough and all, because God knows my heart, but I just don't want a pity party. It's bad enough, pitying just makes the mood worse.

But then again, who am I to question other people's good intentions? I've been reminded that suffering and trails are a very normal part of life; that's the fallen world that we live in. The glorious reminder is that God is faithful through it all, and that we have a beautiful heaven to look forward to as followers of Christ! This a heaven that is free from pain or sorrow, a heaven where we will be doing what we love, and where we will be in the presence of God forever and ever.

So in light of that, how can I keep this glorious truth from others, especially those who might be suffering as well? Sure, suffering is not fun and glamorous, but I shouldn't be wasting these experiences by keeping them to myself. Rather, I should be real and honest with people, sharing plainly with them my honest thoughts and feelings, in hopes that they too can see the hope that is in me; this hope being not from me, but from Jesus Christ!

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment