The Love Cheer

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Start-up Designers

I work in the textile industry, manufacturing and trading knit fabrics, and ever since entering this field, I've always had the dream to do something to help promote design, especially in the area of graphics. Unfortunately, as much as I love the arts, I personally do not have much skill in the arts. However, I do believe that God has gifted each of us uniquely, so perhaps my role is not necessarily one as an "artist", but as a "supporter of the artist".

Today, I met up with an old friend for lunch. She told me that she had just quit her job to start her own t-shirt line, but was struggling to meet the minimum production quantity, because she was merely a start-up designer. What a great chance for me to help! Fabric and manufacturing connections are what I have, which is exactly what she needed to help her get started! We had a great time chatting over lunch about ideas and production capabilities, but the best part was the encouragement that we were able to give each other in getting closer to our dreams!

Love challenge: Think of how God has gifted you to help others, and put yourself in situations where these gifts can be put to use!

"He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work, as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them master craftsmen and designers."

No comments:

Post a Comment