The Love Cheer

Monday, August 16, 2010

Home worship

I'm a huge fan of Sunday worship services. There's just something special about gathering with other brothers and sisters and worshiping God together. Normally, I would attend service with my parents in the morning, but because my mom has a bit of difficulty getting around, and because of granny's funeral, my dad was still in China and wasn't available to drive us to worship service this Sunday. So instead of venturing out, my mom and I we decided to stay in and conduct our own service instead.

It was the first time that I got to be the worship leader (aka I found a good praise song on youtube and played it), as well as the presider (aka I said the opening prayer for our time together). It was a simple service, but it was so refreshing at the same time. Although I still love Sunday worship services, but God reminded me that we have the ability to worship Him anywhere, anytime. What freedom! What sovereignty!

Have you ever conducted your own worship service?

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

No comments:

Post a Comment