The Love Cheer

Friday, August 20, 2010

Trying to reduce the plank size

In my previous post, I wrote about a coworker that wasn't performing at work as she should be. Today, God gave me another chance to reach out to her and to build up our relationship. When she sent over her work to me for review, instead of railing on her and listing out all the changes she needed to make, I praised her for the work that she had done. And it wasn't the type of "oh, this is good, but...." type praise, but praise that I really meant from the bottom of my heart. Although it was only a few sentences, but I think it was enough to give her some encouragement. She seems to be performing a bit better at work these last few days. I hope that it persists, not just her performance at work, but more importantly, that my love for her will be consistent, so that she can see Christ in me. Christ loves us despite our work; we should love others the same.

"He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities... But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment