The Love Cheer

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Humility

M inspired me to blog about humility. Recently, one of my sisters has been going on an emotional rollar-coaster ride, and taking many of us along with her. Now of course everyone has their good days and their bad days, but for this sister, she often seems to have more bad days than good, and the things that she claims causes her bad days, IMO (in my opinion), are not always worth of sympathy.

And of course that's where my problem lies, because I'm trying to view her struggles IMO. "To practice humility, we need to think less of ourselves and more of others." To this sister, her struggles are real, the obstacles are huge, and the darkness is thick. I pray that God will help me remember that, and put myself in her shoes, even when she calls me at the most inconvenient times to talk, even when it's late at night, and even when it seems like she will never understand or change.

God never gave up on us, so how can we give up so easily on others, who are struggling and need our help?

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment