The Love Cheer

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dim Sum Love

Hong Kong people love dim sum. For me, having dim sum typifies family time, because ever since I was young, whenever family friends and relatives come to town, our family would bring them to have dim sum.

This summer, my cousin came back for granny. Normally, whenever my cousin is back in town, my super awesome brother-in-law would take him and his family out, and treat them to dim sum. He would do so every time without fail. This time, I felt that I should also treat my cousin and his family too, so even though they didn't know, I helped foot part of the bill. (My family likes to eat, so those dim sum bills can really add up!)

This incident made me realize that giving in secret is really powerful. It not only is something that God approves of (Matthew 6:4), but is also something that brings great joy, enough to fill your heart for the whole day!

Have you ever given in secret, and in doing so were so filled with joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment