The Love Cheer

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Loving others means getting your hands dirty

For those of us who often cross the Hong Kong/China border, we're armed with either two cell phones, or cell phones that take dual sim cards (i.e. two numbers that can send and receive calls on one phone.)

On my way back from China, I sat next to a lady, who definitely was not a frequent border crosser. For most of the trip, she struggled with trying to take one sim card out of her phone, and replace it with another. Perhaps it was her nice long manicured nails that got in the way, or maybe it was just that she wasn't used to the drill. In either case, she managed to drop the little sim card... somewhere... somewhere dark and not very visible. Great.

Do I pretend not to see anything and just keep banging on my berry? I wanted to! But of course the Holy Spirit wouldn't let me! And so we searched, high and low... and we finally found it! ... stuck between the yucky crack of our two seats. Well, she wasn't going to stick her nicely manicured nails down there, and it seems like her hands were bigger than mine anyway, so I volunteered to tweeze the tiny sim card out of the crack for her, after which I dropped it in her hand with a smile. She was very grateful. It only cost me a few minutes and 2 dirty fingers, but I'm glad that God gave me the chance to help out a stranger!

When was the last time you got your hands dirty helping someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment