The Love Cheer

Monday, August 23, 2010

Righteous Anger?

Like the rest of Hong Kong, I was in a state of anger and unrest all day today. I still cannot believe that the slaughter in the Philippines actually happened. What kind of a world are we living in?? It is in fact 2010 and not 1010, isn't it? Just because we cannot get what we want, does that give us the right to harm others? To destroy families?

Honestly, I'm still trying to reconcile how God would want us to love in this situation. How do we love a country and a government that is so irresponsible? How are we supposed to trust them again? How do we forgive such a heinous act?

The only thing I can do and must do, is pray, for God says "For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

I pray that God will comfort the hearts of those who are mourning. I pray that He will bring vengeance on those who refuse to repent of their wicked ways. I pray that He will again fill His people with hope and love and faith.

1 comment: