The Love Cheer

Monday, August 9, 2010

Loving Dad Part 3

So my church is showing Jaeson Ma's 1040 movie tonight to raise funds for our new church plant. Jaeson Ma will also be there to perform one of his new songs. Needless to say, I've been looking forward to this event ever since I heard about it a few months back, and I was definitely one of the first to load up on some tickets, so that I could invite believing and non-believing friends alike to join me.

Sadly, my granny, who hasn't been feeling so well lately, passed away this past weekend, and after a long week away from home to be with her, my dad came back to HK today. So of course I dropped everything to spend time with him, to encourage him and to grieve with him. Poor dad. He loves my grandma so much. Although I'm going to miss being with my church to witness the revival that God will bring through this movie, but I'm so glad to be able to be an encouragement to my dad too. I pray that he will see and experience God's love, and be comforted, because God promises to comfort those who mourn. (Matthew 5:4)

Love challenge: Think of others' needs before your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment