The Love Cheer

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

There's a plank in my eye!

I've been starting to realize that the more I wrestle with something, the more likely that God's telling me that I need to grow in that area. Lately, again and again, God's been challenging me at work. Recently, I've had to take over someone else's work, without any guidance or direction. It was pretty much a sink or swim type deal, and dude, I started sinking quickly! Not only did I not understand what I was doing, but the people who helped out this person who's job I took over, were not very smart or on top of their work either! Sadly, I have zero patience for incompetence! (No, it's not a positive trait of mine...)

Unfortunately, a few days ago, one of the colleagues, whose bad work attitude others have started complaining about, got it from me. I wouldn't say I yelled at her, but my words were definitely not laced with much patience or mercy. It probably sounded like noisy gongs and tasted like sour lemons.

Well, today, God graciously gave me a chance to try to redeem my poor attitude, and show this coworker some love. I heard from someone else that she had taken 2 days off earlier because her mom wasn't feeling so well, so I called her up, and instead of just diving into correcting her on her work, I chatted with her a bit to see how she was doing, and to see if there's anything I could help her out with. I think she seemed to appreciate it, especially because she seemed much more positive in regards to the work that I told her she had to do afterwards - haha!

In all seriousness though, people just need a little bit of love. We just need to off over our own high ground. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"

No comments:

Post a Comment