The Love Cheer

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Loving the lost by inviting them to Alpha!

I'm a chicken when it comes to inviting the lost to Christian events, because I'm scared that it would be awkward for them, and honestly, I don't really like getting shot down. However, Jesus reminds us that "Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven."

I don't know about you, but I want some reward in heaven!

There's a good friend that I've been praying for ever since returning to HK. We've known each other for years, and go way back, but I didn't get to know him better until coming back to HK this time around. Our friendship is something that I really treasure and am thankful for. And perhaps precisely because of this, I was so afraid of inviting him to church. Thankfully, God gave me the courage that I needed, and I invited him to Alpha over lunch today, to which he said, "sure!" Wow! It was so easy! I feel so silly for being such a chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment