The Love Cheer

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

#56 Humility


Yikes...so how many weeks am I behind? I will just keep going forward.

I was really blessed by Jaeson Ma's post on Humility. I could really relate to his struggles dealing with pride. He wrote, "To practice humility, we need to think less of ourselves and more of others." This is a challenge, because friends have recently come to me sharing their stories and I quickly give them a list of "what they should do" and "what not to do" when all along, all they needed was a friend to listen and understand them fully...
how foolish and arrogant of me to see myself as the "know it all."
God is opening my eyes to see that we are all sinners, we are created equal..of course I know this, but do I live this out daily?
my friends don't need me to ramble on with advice and judgment, what they really need is love and support.

Humility does not mean you think less of yourself. It means you think of yourself less.
-Ken Blanchard

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. -Proverbs 27:17

1 comment:

  1. M! :D I pray that you're settling back well, and catching up with great friends, sharpening them and being sharpened by them! :) We miss you here!

    ReplyDelete