The Love Cheer

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Old friends Part 4


It was one of my closest friends from high school who taught me about the wonders of coffee. Over the years, we've drifted apart a bit, and he is now living and working in another city, so we only get to see each other every once in awhile. But this past weekend, he was actually in town for a wedding.

Besides making sure that I made time to meet up with him and catch up, I also wanted to get him something to let him know that I treasured our friendship. And what better way to show him how much he had taught me (in this case about coffee), than to get him some of the best espresso cups in the world.

(And just as a plug... :P) Bodum Pavina is a 2 ounce espresso glass made from mouth-blown glass. What's special about it, is that it's made with 2 layers of lightweight, durable borosilicate glass as the base. The double layer will keep the espresso (or whatever drink is inside) insulated, but it won't form condensation on the outside (so your hands don't get all gross from the drippy "water", ew).

The best part about it is that my friend just moved into his new bachelor pad, and these cups are dishwasher and microwave safe - great for keeping the work to a minimal, while still impressing the ladies, ahem, I mean, guests. ;)

Love challenge: Don't just spend time with a friend, but thank them for the things that they have taught you in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment