The Love Cheer

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Serving in Love

Today is July 1st, the 13th year anniversary of Hong Kong's handover to China, aka a public holiday! I was really looking forward to a relaxing afternoon of driving around, hanging out, and chatting over coffee with my dad (he's my hero!) But just as we were going to leave the house, we got bombarded with a list of errands to run from everyone else in the family! Oh man... so much for chilling out. We spent the afternoon running around a few different places, in 33 degrees Celsius of blazing sun. Even though my dad and I didn't get to talk as much as I had hoped, but I'm thankful that I could still spend time with him. (He even taught me how to park his big huge car backwards into a tight spot in one go - an amazing feat!) I felt a great sense of accomplishment that afternoon, not because we checked so many things off the "to-do" list, but I was reminded of what love is all about - serving others and putting their priorities before my own, all done in excellence and without complaining.

Love challenge: "Do all things without grumbling or questioning."

Post script: My dad and I ended up having a lunch date after-all; just the two of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment