The Love Cheer

Monday, July 26, 2010

Love bears all things...

I suppose summer is prime time for people to take vacations, which is all fine and dandy... but for those who get left behind at the office, here's what it feels like:

I came from the world of consulting, so working long hours is nothing new to me. But having to not only do my own work, but the work of 2 other people, who are on extended leave, has surely got to be breaking some type of personal record.

Unfortunately, the whole day today, I felt like I was going to snap under all the stress, and it took a lot of my energy not to unload it on my co-workers (poor people), or want to take revenge on those who are on their vacation! But thankfully, at all the right times, I was reminded that "love bears all things", so I was able to last until the end of the day... in one piece. I've resolved this week to keep persevering ahead, and to try to be as good of a witness at work as I can be, despite the given circumstances. I just have to remind myself that God's mercies and grace are sufficient for me; I just have to take it one day at a time.

Love challenge: When things get tough, remember God's mercies, and learn to bear all things!

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment