The Love Cheer

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Loving Sacrificially

Well, maybe "sacrificial" is a bit of an exaggeration, but to me, this was quite a sacrifice! Last night, or should I say, the wee hours of this morning, one of my sisters went through a rough patch in her life. She asked for my attention... and when she asked, I dreaded it in my heart, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to get sleep that night, and God knows, I'm a big sucker for sleep. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. In fact, I even slept through the final World Cup match, without any shame or regret!

The night went on, and having not stayed up for such a long stretch of time in awhile, it was quite tough to get through the night. I can't say that I did much for my sister last night, but I think my simple presence was the biggest encouragement that she needed.

As dawn approached, I feared that work would be a drag, because I knew that I'd be tired from not sleeping the night before. Somehow though, God was the one who provided me with supernatural strength to keep going. Not only did I not feel tired at work, but I didn't even need much caffeine. What a miracle!

Love challenge: Love sacrificially and God will give you the strength to get through!

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?

The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

1 comment: