The Love Cheer

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Loving the taxi driver

Today's Sunday, and I was running really late, because my schedule got changed around last minute. Ugh, I hate that; how inconvenient! With only 5 minutes left before church service was to start, I arrived at the taxi stand in Admiralty. I jumped into the nearest taxi, thankful that I didn't have to stand and wait for a taxi, because once on a cab in Admiralty, it would normally only take 5 minutes or so to get to church, which means that I won't be late after all!

Unfortunately, just after I told the cabbie where to take me, he gave me a confused look and asked me if I could lead the way. Oh great! Not only does this cabbie not know where he's going, but he's asking a directionally-challenged me, for directions!

Somehow though, instead of getting highly irritated, as I sometimes might, I took the chance instead to make this my act of love for the day. We somehow found our way, and during the trip, I was able to find out a bit about his struggles. It turns out that he's only been driving a cab for two days, and driving a cab is just one out of three jobs that he's working at, in trying to make ends meet. Wow! As I got off the cab, I left him with some words of encouragement, and a nice tip. So even though running late was seemingly inconvenient, but it turns out that there was a greater purpose behind it; good things can be made from bad situations!

Love challenge: Try to redeem a bad situation and make it into something great!

"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live."

No comments:

Post a Comment