The Love Cheer

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Loving my coworkers 2

I can't stand people who cheat the company that they work for. Now I'm not talking about going on Facebook at work when you should be analyzing those numbers, or "borrowing" a pen from the office to use at home, which are forms of cheating, or rather, stealing, as well. But I'm talking about blatantly cheating your boss by starting your own business on the side, operating this company during work hours, and stealing your boss's clients for your own.

There is a coworker that we speculate is doing this, and there's been talk of letting him go on numerous occasions. But for now, he's still around. Today, I had to contact him to discuss a new project, and when I got to him, I heard that his tone of voice was rather downcast. Now this is rather peculiar, because he normally is a fairly upbeat type of person. I asked if he was okay, and he said that he had some issues going on at home.

Although there was a part of me that thought, "haha, you are getting what you deserve after cheating the company so much." The other part of me realized that God loves this coworker as much as He loves me. So instead of continuing to wish ill, I prayed for this coworker, and sent him an email telling him that I'd be praying for him and his family. I also included a verse that the Lord had given me recently that had been an encouragement to me. Even though this coworker has not responded to my email, but I pray that he will be encouraged by the Word and presence of God.

Love challenge: Turn your ill wishes into acts of love!

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."

Post script: My coworker replied and said thanks for the encouragement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment