The Love Cheer

Monday, July 5, 2010

#4-5 Love Overseas

I've been at home resting because I've been sick! I forgot to mention in my last post that the person sitting on the other side of me had a bad cough and I think he passed something onto me. haha, yes, that was quite an interesting flight.

I haven't had many chances to really connect with my family and friends back home last month. The time zone is a bit tricky for calling and it was so crazy with end-of-school madness. Anyways, I was able to talk to all my family members at one time which is quite rare! After I started thinking about my mom. She's just the best. I could go on and on describing and bragging about her, but I will keep it brief... because I'm really tired and need to go bed soon!

She is a real MOM (if that makes any sense at all), the Asian Martha Stewart, loves to cook, clean, sew (she made all my Halloween costumes & my prom dress), garden, knit -she does it all! Anyhow, we have such a Gilmore-Girls relationship. Even though I've been overseas for the past 2 years, I can always rely on her for advice and guidance. She knows I love her a lot yet, sometimes I feel I don't fully show or express it enough in a very intentional way. It's often a quick phone call and I say "Thanks mom, gotta go now! Talk to you later" click.
So I decided to do that yesterday after our phone call. I wrote her an email expressing my gratefulness and how much I can't wait to come home and spend lots of mother-daughter time baking and chatting! How girly eh?

Today I wrote my friend a "thinking of you" note! Whenever I get thoughtful, surprise emails from friends back home, my energy level instantly goes up. It's like a happy pill! I hope she'll be encouraged.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up-1 Thessalonians 5:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment