The Love Cheer

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rocking Love

Hong Kong is a city filled with all sorts of people, and one of the places where you can easily find this diversity is in Tsim Sha Tsui, TST. TST is always flooded with people, most of whom are tourists. But it's also filled with people asking for charity.

One of the places where you will find these people is in the underground subway in TST between The Peninsula Hotel and 1881 Heritage. Normally, I run into the same homeless man, whom I try to support every time I see him, and every time, I could never work up enough courage to talk to him. I promised myself that the next time I saw him, I would not only support him financially, but also say a few encouraging words to him, because I wanted to overcome this fear of talking to random strangers, and document it as my act of love for the day!

I was really excited when I found out that I'd be going there today, however, much to my disappointment, the homeless man wasn't there! I walked on, thinking that I wouldn't be able to try to overcome my fear, and do the act of love that I wanted to. However, as I continued on in the underground subway, I noticed these 2 youngsters jamming away on electric guitars. I paused a moment, and noticed that they were singing in English, even though they looked really local Hong Kong. They were both sweating profusely, because today was another sweltering day. So as an act of encouragement, I dropped them a $20 for a drink, and told them to rock on! But I'm such a chicken, because right after I said that, I dashed off, without even asking them what their names were! (though I did find out that they were playing with a band at their high school...)

Love challenge: Get to know the people you are trying to help!

"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment