The Love Cheer

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Loving my dad 2

To continue on trying to show love and honor to my parents daily, I was able to successfully take my dad out for lunch today - just the two of us! [In a previous post, I had grumbled about how I wanted to hang out with my dad over coffee, but couldn't.]

I knew that he had been under a lot of stress lately, so I wanted to take him somewhere that was relaxing and that could help him unwind a bit. We decided on the Gold Coast, (I drove! AND backed into a weird spot without damaging his huge car! :D) and we had lunch by the water next to the Yacht Club.

Although the food wasn't as good as I had expected, but it was great to be able to chat with my dad. We chatted about life, about entrepreneurship, about people.... We had a long lunch, and I'm glad that he's my boss, so that I didn't have to get in trouble for getting back to the office late! :P

Love challenge: Show your dad you love him by taking him out to lunch!

"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete